Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Georgia
While it may not be the first thing to come to mind while shopping for your beloved boat or recreational watercraft, having some form of insurance is a necessity. Things can happen while on the lake, ocean, or during transportation that you will be thankful to have comprehensive coverage to protect yourself and your family. As Georgia is a hot spot for boating activity, you need to read this article.
What to look for in a watercraft insurance policy:
- Liability: When an accident happens on the water, this will be used as coverage to other boat owners you are found to be the cause of damage to.
- Agreed value coverage: Boats tend to depreciate, and if your boat is stolen or completely wrecked, this would assure you would get reimbursed for the insured value.
- Physical damage to your boat: If you have to replace or repair your boat due to physical damage, this part of the insurance policy will cover the cost. This may also include fixed attachments to your boat.
- Bodily Injury: If you are injured and an uninsured boat owner is at fault, this part of the policy will cover medical treatment and other aspects associated with the accident.
- Emergencies: Similar to roadside assistance for cars, if you need help
- Fuel Spills: Fuel spills are bad for the environment, and there are typically local laws in place obligating you to clean it up. It would be a good idea to have an insurance policy covering this.
- Personal Items: Valuable items, from electronic equipment to jewelry, may be covered up to a certain amount within your policy.
- Off the coastline: Plans can extend when you go out of the coastline for a certain number of miles.
Finding a Reliable Agency like Whit Blanchard Insurance Group
With the right coverage, you won't have to sweat taking your boat out and having a good time. If you're in the market for just the right policy that fits your lifestyle in the Augusta, GA area, considering getting in touch with the Whit Blanchard Insurance Group.