Flood Insurance in Georgia
Georgia is no stranger to heavy storms, storms from hurricanes, tropical storms, and other seasonal rains. These storms can bring all kinds of issues, but perhaps one of the most concerning for homeowners is the threat of flooding. Just one inch of floodwater can cause over $25,000 worth of damages as it ruins flooring, baseboards, and other critical structures. While you can't prevent a hurricane from blowing your way, you can protect your investment with a flood insurance policy through Whit Blanchard Insurance Group in Augusta, GA.
Flood Insurance for Georgia Residents
Flood insurance policies are specific policies that offer financial reimbursement should a homeowner's home, structures, and belongings be destroyed or damaged in the event of a flood. Despite what many think, most homeowner's insurance policies don't come with integrated flood insurance coverage. Still, you can add it on to any policy -- and it is vital to consider it. Flood insurance coverage will offer reimbursement and protection for the following essential home items:
- The building structure itself as well as the foundation
- All electrical and plumbing systems
- Any home heating and cooling equipment
- Carpeting and other types of flooring
- Wallboard, baseboards, and paneling
- All bookcases, cabinets, countertops, and any other similar structures
- All home electronics, regardless if they are more permanent, such as a personal computer and workstation set-up, or more mobile-like your laptop.
- All of the contents of your refrigerator and freezer
- Clothing and similar types of daily goods
- Other select valuables up to your policy's coverage limits
Add a Flood Insurance Policy to Your Home Coverage Today
With a flood insurance policy protecting so many important items, you might think that it would be prohibitively expensive. Yet, the exact opposite is true. Flood insurance policies tend to be one of the most affordable types of add-on home insurance coverage available. Learn just how affordable by contacting our friendly Georgia team at Whit Blanchard Insurance Group in Augusta, GA.