Motorcycle Insurance in Georgia
Georgia is a great state to let your hair down and ride your motorcycle, with over 200,000 registered bikes in the state. However, you need to make sure that you purchase the appropriate amount of insurance to keep you riding legally and confidently no matter where you choose to ride. We can help you buy the right amount of coverage for your bike here at Whit Blanchard Insurance Group in Augusta, GA.
Motorcycle Insurance Requirements
If you own a motorcycle in the state of Georgia, you are required to purchase at least liability insurance in order to avoid any consequences. You should obtain at least $25,000 for bodily injury protection for each person, $50,000 for bodily injury protection for each accident, and at least $25,000 in property damage protection for each accident.
Motorcycle Insurance Additional Coverage Options
Protect your motorcycle by obtaining quality coverage. There are many options to choose from, such as:
- Bodily injury - This will cover your medical expenses and even any wages lost as a result of an injury or death of a driver if you were at fault of an accident.
- Property damage - This coverage will help take care of the costs of damage to someone else’s property If you are at fault.
- Medical payments - This covers the costs of medical expenses such as x-rays and ambulance rides as a result of an injury to yourself or any of your passengers.
- Personal injury protection - This will give you some reimbursement for medical expenses, funeral expenses, or any lost income if you are injured in an accident.
- Collision - This will take care of the costs for damages to your motorcycle as a result of an accident with another driver or object.
- Comprehensive - This coverage will cover the costs of damages not directly caused by an accident with another vehicle but instead damages from theft, vandalism, and even wind.
Give us a call or visit our Whit Blanchard Insurance Group office for a quote today. We are located in Augusta, GA.