Umbrella Insurance in Georgia
Most people have automotive insurance, and some will go the next step to get renter's or homeowner's insurance, these are common types of insurance policies, and the benefits are apparent. However, they aren't the only essential types of insurance. One type of insurance that every person, regardless if they have a car, motorcycle home, apartment, or something else entirely, should have is umbrella insurance.
Understanding Umbrella Insurance
Here at Whit Blanchard Insurance Group in Augusta, GA, we're proud to provide our Georgia clients with reliable insurance policies, and one such insurance policy we highly recommend for just about everyone is an umbrella insurance policy. Umbrella insurance policies aren't required by home mortgage lenders or the local Department of Motor Vehicles, but that shouldn't dissuade policyholders. Umbrella insurance policies are fantastic because, unlike other policies, they cover just about everything.
What do we mean by just about everything? Well, exactly that! Umbrella insurance policies kick in whenever another policy reaches its limits or often for situations in which you don't have a policy at all. For example, an umbrella insurance policy would cover situations like:
- The medical and legal costs if your dog bites and injure someone.
- Excessive repairs to a vehicle that isn't fully covered by your auto policy following an accident.
- The repair or replacement of other peoples' property damage on your property.
- If you are a landlord, then umbrella insurance will cover any costs over your existing insurance policy related to injuries or property damages suffered by a tenant.
- Legal costs associated with a lawsuit for libel, defamation of character, slander, or similar attacks.
Learn More About Umbrella Insurance by Contacting Whit Blanchard Insurance Group
Umbrella insurance is a very versatile type of insurance coverage that can protect and serve you in a vast myriad of ways. Learn more about it and its benefits by contacting our team at Whit Blanchard Insurance Group today. We're proud to serve August, GA, and its many surrounding areas.